CONCORD IS THE INDEPENDENT WORLD LEADER IN THE DEVELOPMENT, ACQUISITION AND MANAGEMENT OF RECORDED MUSIC, MUSIC PUBLISHING AND THEATER PERFORMING RIGHTS.
With offices in Los Angeles, New York, Nashville, Miami, London and Berlin, Concord boasts a diverse and vibrant roster of active artists, composers and songwriters, as well as an extensive historical catalog of works by some of the most treasured names. in the history of music.
We are an innovative team of creators, each responsible for developing visual assets to empower and build careers as artists. We conceptualize and execute an artist’s vision with a focus on forming a cohesive narrative and visual language throughout a campaign. We are visionaries with global resources to expand creative thinking and achieve greatness on behalf of the artists and labels we represent at Concord, Recorded Music.
As a Graphic Designer, you will be responsible for the design, production and execution of commercial audio products (CDs, vinyls, cassettes, DVDs, etc.) and collateral marketing material for multiple genres of music. You will work within the design department, assisting the creative direction team, freelance designers and the production department in the creation of visual assets, in all media required. It is your job to create exceptional design work on behalf of our artists and labels.
Above all, we strive to exemplify Concord’s core values; to celebrate art, act with integrity, empower our community and create opportunity.
What you will do:
- Design and layout full album packaging and format conversions for LPs, CDs, cassettes, etc. Includes creating album covers, logos, booklets, plain covers, playlist covers, deluxe packaging, single sheets, decks, style guides, and more.
- Design for merchandising and specialty D2C items.
- Work with marketing departments for advertising needs, elevating them where possible.
- Manage multiple projects within deadlines.
- Main contact for the needs of external designers (logos, illustration requirements, etc.). Contact person for internal JPG and PDF needs, layered files, etc.
- Design product stickers, scan, recreate disc labels, and more. according to your needs.
- Follow style guides from independent designers to create additional assets in support of a scrapbook campaign.
- Rework files from freelance designers for printing.
- Retouch scanned artwork/photos for printing.
- Create visualizations for use in product mockups. Product photography or digital representations of the product.
- Supports all the needs of the creative direction team.
- Work in multiple visual execution styles.
- Manage resources and archive files on servers.
- Coordinate with external vendors for various miscellaneous projects such as printing of posters, stickers, patches, etc.
- Assist in processing supplier invoices.
- Maintain excellent working relationships, especially supporting the creative goals of our artists.
What you need to succeed:
- Mastery of Adobe Creative Suite: InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop. Experience in illustration and animation is a plus.
- College degree in art and design preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of commercial design experience.
- An exceptional portfolio that demonstrates the fundamentals of design, from layout and typography to color and composition.
- Must have knowledge of printing/production specifications, techniques and requirements.
- Excellent time management skills and experience working on multiple projects with tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Resourceful and autonomous who acts and reacts quickly to changes and feedback with a positive attitude.
- Effective and detailed organizational skills essential.
- Passionate about music.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Manage relationships with a positive attitude and strong communication skills with our internal and external customers.
- Dedicated and committed team spirit. Flexible and adaptable to a dynamic creative environment.
* To be considered, you must submit your portfolio.
At Concord, we offer comprehensive medical and wellness benefits, generous time off, parental leave, charity game, paid time off for volunteering, and other fun company benefits. We have beautiful new offices and a culture committed to supporting everyone’s growth and development.
Concord is an equal opportunity employer. We employ, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, disability, age, veteran status and any other protected status, such as requires applicable law. We believe that diversity, inclusion and equity are paramount to creating music, theater and film that celebrates and empowers all cultures.