Zero Digital Media is a 24/7 Australian sports news agency that creates world-class digital content and produces premium sports content for clients around the world.
ZDM has an exciting vacancy for a talented and experienced Digital Graphic Designer to lead digital design and branding projects across Zero Digital’s product suite. The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining consistency in the design of our visual identity as well as the continuous iteration in the evolution of our brand assets and online user experience within our flagship sites: Zero Tackle (NRL) and Hanger Zero (AFL).
A large part of this role will be the continuous improvement of the user experience of our sites, from specific home page widgets to different types of landing pages and content. Experience in UX/UI will be highly appreciated.
You will be responsible for producing visual content that aligns with the company’s brand, aesthetic and marketing strategy, including website assets, social media graphics and products, banner ads and corporate documents, including for our agencies and partners if necessary.
Responsibilities of the digital designer:
- Design, produce and manage digital content, including but not limited to social media and email templates, web banners, informative infographics, etc.
- Ensure consistency of designs and content across all company platforms.
- Present design ideas and briefs to relevant stakeholders.
- Collaborate with sales and marketing teams to ensure all website designs comply with advertising requirements, while adhering to usability and website standards.
- Review product and content positioning and online marketing content to identify opportunities for improving user experience.
- Work with development and production teams to oversee the smooth implementation of online assets.
- Provide advice and guidance on the aesthetics of promotional campaigns, projects and events.
Digital designer requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in digital design, graphic design or a related field.
- Proven experience (3+ years) in a professional digital design role.
- A portfolio of previous digital design work to showcase experience and creativity.
- Solid knowledge of design software, such as Sketch, InVision and Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, etc.).
- Ability to clearly present design ideas and concepts for content and projects.
- A team player with exceptional organizational and technical skills.
- Experience in video production and/or animation or illustration would be highly appreciated
- Passion for sport will be considered a bonus!