Albemarle is a values-driven company that believes in doing the right things the right way. We combine world-class materials assets with great talent, technological know-how and strong customer partnership to find new and innovative ways to improve essential aspects of life such as clean energy, food security and fire and sustainable transportation. Our purpose, our value and our growth are linked to improving the world of today and tomorrow.
The world is in an energy transition. Electric mobility is advancing and Albemarle’s long-term growth strategy focuses on expanding our talent and capabilities around the world to help meet the growing need for electrification and digitalization. These are exciting times for Albemarle, and you could be an integral part of our important and exciting work.
Reporting to the Director of External Communications, the Principal/Senior Graphic Designer is a skilled visual storyteller with excellent aesthetic judgment who serves as the visual creative expert for Albemarle. Partnering with corporate communications and internal clients, this energetic, highly creative and collaborative professional elevates the brand narrative by envisioning and executing the creation of creative assets and collateral that improve engagement and strengthen the brand of the company to internal stakeholders around the world. This individual also oversees brand standards and compliance, seeks ways to iterate and evolve our brand, and manages our digital asset management system.
One of the ways Albemarle works to unlock the potential of our talent is to embrace workplace flexibility while balancing business needs. Based in Charlotte, this position has the flexibility of a hybrid work schedule.
Your main responsibilities:
• Serve as a design/brand/imaging expert to create compelling and impactful visuals that support storytelling and overall messaging.
• Manage brand standards and brand compliance. Proactively seek ways to iterate and evolve our brand. Update, maintain and promote brand guidelines.
• Ensure corporate image is consistently and appropriately represented. Collaborate with internal communications and global business units on brand campaigns to build understanding and compliance.
• Conceptualize, design and produce high quality visual solutions. These may include charts and graphs, logos, maps, infographics, presentation visuals, illustrations, templates, publication designs, advertisements, product materials, brochures, posters and banners, exhibit displays, animations, photography and video for a variety of formats and distribution. canals.
• Collaborate with the sustainability team and its creative partner to advise and support the annual sustainability report. Partner with the Albemarle Foundation team to design an impactful annual community impact report. Advise and support clients on other publications as appropriate.
• Help improve executive presentations for use with government, industry and internal audiences as needed.
• Work within an interdisciplinary communication team managing multiple projects with various clients under general supervision.
• Manage freelance designers, external resources (A/V, etc.) and photo/video shoots in support of project needs.
• Manage our digital asset management system and on-site video studio. Advise on studio setup and improvements and propose new technology needs to meet design project needs.
• Manage photo/video stock resources and subscriptions. Feed into annual long-term and annual (budget) operational planning processes.
• Support corporate communications on additional projects needed.
• Extensive experience in content creation and quality assurance; natural visual storyteller
• Ability to think strategically with good judgment
• Adaptable and quick learner; Able to apply style guides creatively while respecting the brand
• Strong interpersonal skills; collaborative; establishes and maintains positive working relationships
• Ability to influence others and force change
• Demonstrates curiosity and an opportunistic approach
• Results oriented and self-motivated
• Excellent organizational and time management skills with strong attention to detail
• Ability to work in a matrix environment supporting multiple clients; plan and execute projects with minimal direction
• Strong project management skills with a proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
• Works well under pressure with the ability to adapt to changing project requirements and deadlines with composure
• Adept in asset management
• Proficiency in Adobe CC and comfortable working in new digital spaces
• B2B global corporate branding creative experience
• Demonstrated success in a major global brand and/or startup experience.
• Skills in photography and videography
• Strong interpersonal skills; a committed team player
• Strong work ethic
• Good sense of humor
Main areas of decision:
• Strategy and execution of activities
• Prioritization, planning, coordination and resourcing of projects
• Design concepts and asset development
• Budget entry and expense management
Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, communications, marketing or related field
Years required and area of experience:
3 to 6 years in visual storytelling (graphic and dynamic) and active brand management